Saturday, February 21, 2015

Julia Nowadays

I type this on a Saturday morning with Julia by my side.  Six years after returning from Europe, Julia still has some memories of our time over there. 

Greg: What do you remember about our time in Europe?
Julia: I remember our trip to Paris...climbing the Eiffel Tower and how my legs were tired.  I was jealous of Luke that he didn't have to climb up the tower
Greg: We were cheap and walked up instead of taking the elevator
Julia: I also remember the Imperial War Museum in London.  There was a trap door room where kids slept (London Blitz exhibit) and I realized I realized wouldn't want to live in such a small room. 
Greg: What about food?
Julia: I just remember eating Kinder Eggs.  Did you know you can get them over here?  They are fake ones though.
Greg: Do you remember anything about our house in Bann?
Julia: I remember having neighbors downstairs and also I was very "yelly" whenever mom tried to brush my hair.  She learned her lesson not to do that again. 
Greg: What about your schools?  Remember any of them?
Julia: I barely remember CLA (Kindsbach).  They had a party where they had a bouncy house where I jumped with my old friend Reagan. 
Greg: Where do you want to visit when you return to Europe?
Julia: I'm looking forward to returning to Paris, Brugges, Amsterdam (Anne Frank House), Bann to see our old house on Kniebrechtstrasse, London, Dublin [breaks into singing Molly Malone].  I also want to have a two day layover in New York so I can get acquainted with the city before continuing to Europe.
Greg: What about a layover in Iceland.
Julia: No.
Greg: How do you feel about spending your summer in Europe?
Julia: I'm sad I won't get to see friends but happy to be with my dad. 

No comments: