Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Fathers Day!!!


Here's a shout out to all the fathers out there. Happy Fathers Day! Most importantly, I want to send some love my dad's way. Now forgive me if I get a bit personal with this but how many dads out there would fly all the way out to Europe just to run away from some blood thirsty bulls through the streets of Pamplona? ...at the ripe age of 60? How many of them would rappel down an underground canyon the size of the Statue of Liberty in Calaveras County? And just how many would go to court for their son to get them off a bogus ticket from an overzealous cop? Mine. Thanks Dad!
Thanks also goes out to my father-in-law, Gary. He and my mother-in-law made their way out here to Germany a few weeks ago to help Jen and I with the move while I was in Africa. Very cool. We found a way to have some fun too by slipping across the border and enjoying some delicious French cuisine in Sargurrimines. Still raving about it.
Now that I have kids, I too can proudly claim the dad title. While I haven't done anything uber cool with them like I mentioned in the paragraphs above, I've definitely shared some good times with Julia and Luke. Here are some pix with my kiddos from the last couple weeks:

Luke helping me out with a pre Paintball BBQ at Pulaski Barracks

Julia, Luke, a monkey and I at France's Monkey Mountain

No comments: