Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year Everyone!

The video above was taken last night just after midnight struck here in Bann. For Germans, New Years is their 4th of July. The entire city erupts like a war zone. The last time Bann looked and sounded like this was 1945 compliments of the Allied Air Forces.

This was my third consecutive New Years Eve here in Bann. I always seem to be on call these nights (lucky me). Even with family back in the states, I still entered the new year with a kiss from our dog Reagan at the stroke of midnight.

Not sure about all of you but I've had it with 2008. I've got a great feeling that 09 will be much better. We'll wait and see. 2009 will be our last here in Europe so as far as travel, we are going to make the most of our limited time here. We hope to go back to Ireland, Italy, and France this year to close out our "Three Year Eurotrip". Glucklish Neues Jahr!

No comments: