Thursday, November 13, 2008

Got Snow?



The mercury on our thermometer is barely there which means the snow is only weeks (or days) away. In fact I had to scrape the ice off of my car for the first time yesterday morning. Definitely won't miss that when I move back to the US. For most, this is bad news. In general, Europe is a downer in the dead of winter. Sure, the Gluhwein and Christmasmarkts are nice but this place simply shuts down for about four months.

For us skiiers/snowboarders, this is good news! Bring on the white fluffy stuff. I would much rather have snow than the various shades of dark blue and gray that dominate the environment these days. Anyhow, snowboarding in Europe is great. The lift tix are about half price over here and the lift lines aren't bad. There are plenty of mountains to choose from and the Apres Ski scene is legendary. Here are some of my favorite pix from my past snowboarding trip here in Europe:



Catching some air...I was on my arse a couple seconds after this pix was taken (Austria, 2007)


Chillin with my Ski Buddy, Brent (Austria, 2007)
A warm Apres Ski coctail with the Zugspitze mountain as a backdrop (Garmisch, Germany 2006)



No comments: