Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Check out the video I attached. Not only will you see us as we get ready for Thanksgiving but you'll also get to see Julia pretending she is a dog, pretending to be on Broadway, pretending to be a cook, etc. Pretty good stuff.

Being away from friends and family is always tough on Thanksgiving but rest assured we made the most of our day. Jen made a great turkey and Julia decided to play with me instead of hanging on her mom all afternoon. It worked out great. We also got to watch a little of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Julia, however, lost interest really quick.

As I write this, dinner is over and football is now on TV. We're all stuffed and the sleepy juice from the turkey is sinking in. Julia and Jen are practicing Christmas Carols and once Julia goes to sleep (early I hope), Jen and I are going to watch Oceans 13 which I picked up on the way home.

Tomorrow, we are going to brave the crowds at the base exchange and do some Christmas shopping. One of the benefits of being stationed in a country where they don't celebrate Thanksgiving is that there will be absolutely no rush on the stores outside the gate tomorrow. No such thing as Black Friday in Germany. Also, traffic flowed completely normal today. Besides the occasional farm vehicle slowing things down, I was able to go full speed to and from work today. Good times.

Anyhow, this Thanksgiving I have so much to be thankful for. A healthy baby on the way, no snow today, a princess for a daughter, most importantly, I am thankful for wonderful friends and family. Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

Nick said...

Hi Greg,
I was on itunes a minute ago so I thought I'd look up your fav songs. i think it's time to update your playlist. That LDN song sounded pretty good, but the others, not so much. You listen to country now! That was a shock.

Here are some suggestions for possible replacements to your playlist:
Timbaland: The way I are, Give it to me
The Fray: how to save a life, Look after you
Smashing Pumpkins: tarantula
White Stripes: icky thump

Anonymous said...

Hey Greg,

I love the video! Kids movies are both very cute and very funny. You are inspiring me to share more videos of Emma. I hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving!

--Daniel

Anonymous said...

Mandi was mad at me the other day because she now loves to read blogs and I neglected to tell her that you had one. I just figured that she knew about it and was cheking it out on her own time. It wasn't like I was keeping a national secret or something.

Ever since Cindy's started bloging, they have become the soap opera substitute for my wife. But as a guy, I am never fully aware of these things until they are in no uncertain terms spelled out to me. Oh well. So you now have anyother fan of your blog. So keep the post coming!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear everything is going well for you guys. YO JOE!